Founded in 1870, the New London County Historical Society is the oldest historical organization in eastern Connecticut and one of the oldest in the nation.

The Shaw Mansion, built in 1756, has been our headquarters since 1907. We are located near the corner of Bank and Tilley Streets in New London.

A google map of the location is available on the contact page. We are open year-round, and have a rich collection that spans the growth of the region from settlement by English colonialist in 1646 up to the recent past.

Union Railroad Station